What Beekeepers Can Do Right Now
Health Bulletins and Relevant Publications
- Apiculture, John Skinner, University of Tennessee, Entomology and Plant Pathology, April 2006.
- A Sustainable Approach to Controlling Honey Bee Diseases and Varroa Mites, Marla Spivak and Gary Reuter, Department of Entomology, University of Minnesota, 2005.
- Bee Health: Putting Control in Last Place, Marla Spivak, University of Minnesota, American Bee Journal, November 2008, pp. 979-980.
- eXtension - Bee Health, a site for peer-reviewed scientific recommendations.
- Honey Bee Disorders, Keith Delaplane, University of Georgia Entomology Department, Honey Bee Program.
- Sustainable Management of Varroa destructor, Keith Delaplane, University of Georgia, Bee Craft, November 2007, pp. 8-12.
- Translocation of Neonicotinoid Insecticides From Coated Seeds to Seedling Guttation Drops: A Novel Way of Intoxication for Bees, V. Girolami, et. al., Journal of Economic Entomology, October 2009, Vol. 102, No. 5, pp. 1808-1815.
Resource posters, Marla Spivak, University of Minnesota
Sampling for Varroa mites, Marla Spivak, University of Minnesota
- Overview of the CAP Program, Keith S. Delaplane
- When Varroacides Interact, Reed M. Johnson
- Detect Nosema Parasite in Time to Save Bee Colonies, Katherine Aronstein
- Sustainable Beekeeping, Nancy Ostiguy
- Honey Bee “Medical Records”: The Stationary Apiary Monitoring Project, Marla Spivak
- Nosema ceranae – The Inside Story, Thomas C. Webster
- Pesticides Applied to Crops and Honey Bee Toxicity, Marion Ellis
- A View from the Front Lines, Kerry Lynott
- Breeding Bees for Resistance to Parasites and Diseases, Greg Hunt
- Honey Bee Nutrition, Zachary Huang
- Wild Bee Status and Evidence for Pathogen 'Spillover' with Honey Bees, Anna Morkeski and Anne Averill
- Microsporidia: Friend, Foe (and Intriguing Creatures), Leellen F. Solter
- Best Management Practices (BMPs) For Beekeepers Pollinating California’s Agricultural Crops, Christi Heintz, Meg Ribotto, Marion Ellis, Keith S. Delaplane
- Genetic Toolkits for Bee Health, Jay Evans
- Laying Groundwork for a Sustainable Market of Genetically-Improved Queens, Marla Spivak
- Assessing the Risks of Honey Bee Exposure to Pesticides, Marion Ellis and Bethany Teeters
- Pesticides and Their Involvement in Colony Collapse Disorder,
Jim Frazier, Chris Mullin, Maryann Frazier and Sara Ashcraft